At UF Law:
Lawyers Running Club
The Lawyer’s Running Club, better known as Running with Lidsky, organizes weekly runs around campus to emphasize fitness and to form relationships among the UF Law community. Anybody in the law school is welcome and that the group accommodates people of all abilities. Some people choose to walk while others run; either way is fine.
The group’s jog takes them on a 5k route – a little over three miles – around the west side of Lake Alice, over to Gale Lemerand Drive, then back up Village Drive to the UF Law campus. It is usually about a 30-minute commitment, depending on how fast one goes. Student Affairs provides Gatorade for the group afterwards.
The half-mile path, which circles the UF Law campus, gives students, faculty and staff access to a conveniently located trail, making it a little easier to stay in shape or just get the blood moving in between classes.
The Law Yoga Club: Bringing Students to the Mats meets at noon on Tuesdays and at 4 p.m. on Thursdays in the Advocacy Center lobby. Classes are free and open to students, alumni and faculty. Participants should bring their own mats.
Other Campus Facilities:
The University of Florida’s Department of Recreational Sports provides many facilities for on-campus recreation. Among the facilities are three recreation facilities, nine fields, two pools, six outdoor court facilities and a gym.
- Southwest Recreation Center
- The Southwest Recreation Center (SWRC) is a 140,000 sq. ft. state of the art facility. Over two million students have used the SWRC since its opening in the Fall of 1994.
- Student Recreation and Fitness Center
- The Student Recreation & Fitness Center is centrally located on the University of Florida campus. The Student Recreation & Fitness Center (SRFC) opened in the Fall of 1991 and was the first facility dedicated to recreation on the University of Florida campus.
- O’Connell Center Weight Room
- The Stephen C. O’Connell Center is a 296,000 sq. ft. facility located across from Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. It houses a 2,800 sq. ft. free weight room and 1,800 sq. ft. cardiovascular room.
- Broward Outdoor Recreational Complex
- The Broward Outdoor Recreation Complex (BORC) offers basketball, sand volleyball and tennis courts, a roller hockey rink and a skate park. Equipment checkout is available at BORC and the Southwest Recreation Center.