History of UF Law
100 Years of UF Law
Leaders and teachers
An important part of our history includes dynamic faculty members of the past and present.
- Over the years, each dean has left their mark and helped the law school grow to what it is today. Read the biographies of all of the deans of UF Law. »
- While this is an extensive compilation still in progress, please browse this impressive list of faculty members from 1909 to 2011. »
UF Law through the years
See how we grew from our 1909 founding with only two full-time faculty members to become one of the foremost legal institutions in the country.
Learn about diversity at UF Law by watching the movie, Knowledge of the Past. »
We invite alumni and friends to help create an interactive history of UF Law by adding your story. »
Continuing to grow
We’ve built upon our success by expanding and planning for the future.
- Our recent history includes an impressive Facilities Expansion.
- The law school is now housed in state-of-the-art facilities that include a greatly expanded library and two new education towers with modern, comfortable classrooms, including the Chesterfield Smith Ceremonial Classroom, which seats up to 160 for conferences, receptions and special sessions.
- Most classrooms offer technology such as wireless Internet access, outlets for laptop computers, and “smart podia” for presentations.