Application Requirements & Forms
Applying for Externships
Required Application Documents
The following documents must be submitted electronically with each externship application:
- Cover letter/letter of interest addressed to either the Judge/Supervisor of the Externship or the Faculty Supervisor (unless otherwise stated in the position description)
- Unofficial transcript (may be downloaded from ISIS)
- Writing sample (usually 10-15 pages)
Additional Application Documents/Forms
Several Externships require additional application forms. These forms must be submitted electronically in addition to all other application materials.
- • Background Check and Information Form: Florida State Attorney’s Office
Required for all Florida State Attorney’s Office externship applications.
- • Application: Eighth Judicial Circuit Court, Family Law Division
Required for 8th Judicial Circuit, Family Law externship applications.
- United States Attorney’s Office, Pre-Interview Questionnaire
Required for all U.S. Attorney’s Office externship applications.
- • Application: Office of the Florida Attorney General
This form is required for the Attorney General, Various Locations, and the Office of Statewide Prosecution externship applications.
For more information regarding the Externship Program and current positions please see the Externship Program Guide.