Application Requirements & Forms
Applying for Externships
Required Application Documents
The following documents must be submitted electronically with each externship application:
- Cover letter/letter of interest addressed to either the Judge/Supervisor of the Externship or the Faculty Supervisor (unless otherwise stated in the position description)
- Unofficial transcript (may be downloaded from ISIS)
- Writing sample (usually 10-15 pages)
Additional Application Documents/Forms
Several Externships require additional application forms. These forms must be submitted electronically in addition to all other application materials.
- State Attorney’s Office Background Check & Extern Information Sheet
These forms are required for all State Attorney’s Office externship applications and must be attached as one document.
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Application
This form is required for 8th Judicial Circuit, Family Law externship applications.
- United States Attorney’s Office, Pre-Interview Questionnaire
This form is required for all U.S. Attorney’s Office externship applications.
- Office of the Attorney General, Statewide Prosecution, Internship Application
This form is required for the Attorney General, Various Locations, and the Office of Statewide Prosecution externship applications.
Please note: Some Externships may require additional information. Check each externship description to see if additional documents are required.
For more information regarding available positions and the application process please see the Externship Program Guide.