Legal Protection for Florida Springs
In the Fall of 2003 and the Spring of 2004 JD students Matthew Brewer, Matt Clark and Christine Francescani, and Interdisciplinary Ecology PhD student Jason Evans worked with the Silver Springs Working Group and the Florida Department of Community Affairs through a subcontract with Lane Kendig, Inc. on several measures designed to enhance the level of protection given to Florida Springs. For the Silver Springs Working Group the Clinic prepared proposed statewide springs protection legislation. For DCA and Lane Kendig, Inc. the Clinic drafted a report that addresses legal issues associated with the implementation of a model land development code for springs protection prepared by Lane Kendig, Inc.
- Protecting Florida’s Endangered Springs: Overview
- The Proposed Florida Springs Protection Act
- The Model Land Development Code for Springs Protection (Lane Kendig, Inc., Forthcoming)
- Implementation Report for the Model Land Development Code (536 kb)
- Case Studies of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection Wastewater Program and Associated Challenges for Groundwater Protection in Florida’s Springsheds (770 kb PDF)