Book Award Sponsorships
About Book Award Sponsorship
- Created to honor scholastic achievement in legal education, Book Awards recognize the outstanding student in each course at the Levin College of Law. The Book Award Program provides unrestricted funds to support students and student organizations, faculty teaching, research and development, and student/alumni programs and services. Book Awards in Graduate Tax courses provide unrestricted funds to support the Graduate Tax Program.
- Book Awards are sponsored through individual or combined annual contributions of $2,500 over a five-year period, totaling $12,500 to the College of Law Annual Fund. Book Awards may also be sponsored in perpetuity by establishing a $50,000 endowment. Book Award endowments may be combined to receive matching funds from the State of Florida.
- Sponsors have the opportunity to select the course they wish to sponsor. With courses that have multiple sections, each section is available for sponsorship. Sponsored awards are presented at least once annually.
- Book Awards can be named for law firms, corporations or individuals. Some are named in honor or memory of former professors or colleagues.
- Sponsors are recognized on a display in the Career Services lobby and in publications including the Levin College of Law Prospectus, UF Law magazine, College of Law website, and the Annual Report of the Law Center Association Inc. They also receive a plaque recognizing their contribution.
- Book Award recipients receive a personalized plaque recognizing the sponsor and their achievement at a ceremony held on campus each fall and spring. Sponsors are encouraged to attend and meet recipients.
- Sponsors receive membership in the UF Presidents Council – the leadership donor organization of the University. Benefits include invitation to P.C. Weekend, subscription to UF’s Today magazine, borrower privileges at the University’s Smathers Libraries, P.C. Newsletter, visitor-parking privileges on campus during business hours.
For more information or to sponsor a Book Award, contact Grace Northern, Associate Director of Development, Development & Alumni Affairs.