Heritage of Leadership
To permanently honor outstanding and notable alumni of the University of Florida Levin College of Law and their contributions to the state and University, the Law Center Association Board of Trustees established the Heritage of Leadership Recognition Society. The Selection Committee determined the initial classes of inductees, barring exceptional circumstances, would be honored posthumously.
Class of 2014
W. Reece Smith Jr. (1925-2013)
Class of 1949. The first American to serve as president of his local and state bar, the American Bar Association (1980-81) and the International Bar Association. UF Law Valedictorian and Rhodes scholar. American Bar Association Gold Medal recipient. Played key role in establishing nonprofit legal service organizations nationwide. Partner, Carlton Fields Jorden Burt.
Heritage of Leadership Selection Committee
- Scott G. Hawkins, JD 83, chair, West Palm Beach
- Barry Davidson, JD 67, vice-chair, Miami
- Eugene K. Pettis, JD 85, Fort Lauderdale
- Michael D. Minton, JD 81, LLMT 82, Fort Pierce
- Brian M. O’Connell, JD 79, LLMT 80, West Palm Beach
- Gary Printy, JD 82, Tallahassee
- W. Crit Smith, JD 78, Tallahassee