Legal Skills Professor
Box #117625 Gainesville, FL 32611
EducationJ.D., University of Florida; M.A., University of Florida; B.A., University of Florida
Teaching and Scholarship
- Legal Drafting (2 credits) LAW 6807
- Public Policy Practicum: Florida Constitution Revision (2 credits) LAW 6930
- Art Law (2 credits) LAW 6936
- Professional Writing Workshop (2 credits) Law 6930
- University of Florida Levin College of Law: began teaching Legal Drafting as an adjunct (2006), joined faculty as Legal Skills Professor (2008); promoted to Senior Legal Skills Professor (2011).
- Legal Practice: Rural Health Partnership of North Central Florida, Legal Consultant (2009-pres.); Southern Legal Counsel, pro-bono (2009-2014); F. Parker Lawrence, P.A., Attorney (2006-08).
- Memberships: Florida Bar (2006-pres.); Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Member (2007-pres.) and Board Member (2007-2011); Legal Writing Institute, Member (2013-pres.).
- Margaret Temple-Smith and Deborah Cupples, Legal Drafting: Litigation Documents, Contracts, Legislation, and Wills (West, 2012).
- Deborah Cupples and Margaret Temple-Smith, Grammar, Punctuation, & Style: A Quick Guide for Lawyers and Other Writers (West, 2013).
Legal Drafting (2 credits) - LAW 6807
Public Policy Practicum: Florida Constitution Revision (2 credits) - LAW 6930
Art Law (2 credits) - LAW 6936
Professional Writing Workshop (2 credits) - LAW 6930
- Margaret Temple-Smith and Deborah Cupples, LEGAL DRAFTING: LITIGATION DOCUMENTS, CONTRACTS, LEGISLATION, AND WILLS (West, 2012)
- Deborah Cupples and Margaret Temple-Smith, GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION, & STYLE: A QUICK GUIDE FOR LAWYERS AND OTHER WRITERS (West, 2013)