Gail E. Sasnett-Stauffer
J.D., Stetson University (cum laude)
M.S., Florida State University
B.A., University of West Florida (cum laude)
A.A., Pensacola Junior College
Teaching & Scholarship
Handling drug and alcohol crimes with therapeutic jurisprudence principles.
- University of Florida: Joined College of Law in 1994 as Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
- St. Petersburg Junior College: Joined administration in 1976 as Evening Administrator/Counselor/Student Activities Coordinator/Instructor. Subsequently served as Campus Director of Financial aid (1979-84); Counselor, Student Services (1984-89); Ethics Instructor-in-Charge, Health Education Center (1990); Dean of Students/Dean of Academics (1990-94).
- Previous Administration Experience: Vocational Counselor: Florida State Employment Service (St. Petersburg, Fla.1970-72);- Social Service Worker: Conrad School District (Wilmington, Del. 1972-73)
- Cecil Community College: Counselor/Financial Aid Officer (1973-76).
- Organizations: American Bar Association, Association of Academic Women (President 2004-05), Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Clara Gehan Association of Women Lawyers, Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Florida Bar Association, Florida Lawyers Assistance, Inc. (Board of Directors, Education and Public Relations Committee), Guardian Ad Litem (volunteer since 1995), National Association of Women Lawyers (Board of Directors, President 2000-2001), Phi Alpha Delta, Phi Kappa Phi, Kiwanis Club of Gainesville (Board of Directors, President 2001-2002).
A Drug by any Other Name is Still a Drug: Why the Florida Judiciary Should Start Treating DUI as any Other Drug Offense [376kb PDF], 2 Journal of Law and Public Policy 302, Vol. 13 (Spring 2002)