George R. “Bob” Dekle
Director, Criminal Prosecution Clinic
Assistant Director, Criminal Justice Center
Box #117625 Gainesville, FL 32611
EducationJ.D., University of Florida, 1973; B.A., University of Florida, 1970
Teaching and Scholarship
- Criminal Clinic: Prosecution
- University of Florida: Joined college of law faculty in 2006, Criminal Clinic: Prosecution, Legal Skills Professor.
- Florida Coastal School of Law: Adjunct Faculty, Trial Practice Workshop, 2005.
- Office of the State Attorney, Third Judicial Circuit of Florida: Assistant State Attorney, 1975-2005.
- Office of the Public Defender, Third Judicial Circuit of Florida: Assistant Public Defender, 1973-1975.
Criminal Clinic: Prosecution - LAW 6942 (6 Credits)
- Enrollment by application prior to pre-registration. Internships will normally be in the Gainesville State Attorney's Office. Internships outside the Gainesville area may be arranged with prior approval of the professor. Course objectives and goals: To familiarize students with all aspects the art and craft of prosecution. To instil in students an understanding of the ethical requirements of prosecution. To equip students with the skills necessary for rendering satisfactory performance as entry level prosecutors.
Florida Criminal Procedure (2 credits) - LAW 6930
Prosecutorial Ethics (2 credits) - LAW 6118
- Abraham Lincoln’s Most Famous Case: The Almanac Trial (Praeger Publishing, 2014)
- The Case against Christ: A Critique of the Prosecution of Jesus (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012)
- Cross Examination Handbook: Persuasion, Strategies, and Techniques (with William S. Bailey and Ronald H. Clark) (Aspen, 2011)
- The Last Murder: The Investigation, Prosecution, and Execution of Ted Bundy (Praeger Publishing, 2011)
- Prosecution Principles: a Clinical Handbook (West Academic Publishing, 2007)
- "Pretrial Motion Practice in Capital Cases," The Practical Prosecutor, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2006
- "A Classical Approach to Final Argument," Chapter 31 of Mosely, Candace M., Ed., Successful Trial Strategies for Prosecutors, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2005
- "Arguing Circumstantial Evidence in Murder Cases," Chapter 32 of Mosely, Candace M., Ed., Successful Trial Strategies for Prosecutors, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2005
- "Communicating Case Theory on Cross Examination," The Practical Prosecutor, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2004
- "Required Pretrial Notices," Chapter 6.I of Florida Prosecutors Manual, FPAA, Tallahassee, FLa. 1982