Leanne J. Pflaum
Master Legal Skills Professor
Box #117624 Gainesville, FL 32611
EducationJ.D., Florida State University (with honors); B.D., University of Florida
- University of Florida law faculty since 1989, Master Legal Skills Professor and Assistant Director, Legal Research & Writing and Appellate Advocacy.
- Judicial clerk to appellate judge in Miami.
- Private practice: Corlett, Killian, Hardeman, Mcintosh& Levi, P.A., Miami, Florida (1983-87); James F. Dougherty, P.A., Miami Beach, Florida (1987-88; of counsel 1988-89).
- Bar admissions: Florida Bar; United States District Court, Southern District of Florida; United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Supreme Court.
- Professional Affiliations: American Bar Association; Legal Writing Institute; Florida Association of Women Lawyers; Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association.
Appellate Advocacy (2-3 credits) - LAW 5793
Introduction to Law
Legal Writing (2 credits) - LAW 5792
- Legal Writing by Design: A Guide to Great Briefs and Memos (with Teresa J. [Rambo] Reid) (Carolina Academic Press, Second Edition 2013).
- Effective Legal Writing, Gertrude Block (co-author, Chap.6, with M. Giordano) (4th ed 1992).