Professor of Law
Director, Center for Estate Planning
Director, Estates & Trusts Practice Certificate Program
Associate Director, Center on Children and Families
Mailing Address: Box #117625 Gainesville, FL 32611
LL.M. in Taxation, New York University
J.D., New York University
B.A., University of the South
Teaching and Scholarship
Wills, Trusts & Estates; Fiduciary Administration; Estate Planning; Property Succession; Federal Estate and Gift Taxation
- University of Florida: Joined College of Law in 2005 as Assistant Professor, Named as Director of the Center for Estate Planning, Director of the Estates & Trusts Practice Certificate Program, and the Associate Director for the Center on Children and Families in 2005; Promoted to Associate Professor in 2008; Promoted to Professor in 2011.
- Prior Academic Experience: Adjunct Professor at Pace University School of Law (Estate & Gift Taxation).
- Private Practice: Davis Polk & Wardwell (New York, NY)(2000-2005); Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP (New York, NY)(1997-2000).
- Admitted to Practice: Florida Bar, New York Bar, New Jersey Bar and California Bar.
- Professional Affiliations: American Bar Association Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust; Florida Bar Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; AALS Section on Donative Transfers; The Copyright Society of the USA.
- 2010 University of Florida’s Presidential Award for Excellence in Education
- 2012 University of Florida’s Impact Award
- College of Law Professor of the Year: 2008-2009; 2009-2010; 2010-2011; 2011-2012
- BALSA Mentor of the Year: 2007-2008; 2010-2011
Estates & Trusts (3 credits) – LAW 6430
Fiduciary Administration (3 credits) – LAW 6440
Estate Planning (3 credits) – LAW 6450
Advanced Topics in Estates & Trusts (2 credits) – LAW 6936
Advanced Topics in Estate Planning (2 credits) – LAW 6936
Law Review Articles
- A Stewardship Theory of Trust Law (in progress)
- The Limitations of an Economic Agency Cost Theory of Trust Law, 32 CARDOZA L. REV. 101 (2011)
- Technical Correction or Tectonic Shift: Competing Default Rule Theories Under the New Uniform Probate Code, ALA. L. REV. (2010).
- Sperms and Estates: An Unadulterated Functionally Based Approach to Parent-Child Property Succession, 62 SMU L. REV. 101, 187 (2009).
- Liberating Estates Law from the Constraints of Copyright, 38 RUTGERS L.J. 109 (2006).
- Other Articles:
Parent-Child Property Succession, TRUSTS & ESTATES MAGAZINE, Aug. 2009, at 18.
- Copyright Issues for Estate Planners, JOURNAL OF WEALTH PLANNING (forthcoming)
- Estate Planning Issues for Copyright Holders, TRUSTS & ESTATES MAGAZINE (forthcoming).
- LEE-FORD TRITT, ESTATE PLANNING FOR AUTHORS AND ARTISTS, 815-2nd TAX MANAGEMENT ESTATES, GIFTS AND TRUST PORTFOLIOS (Bureau of National Affaris, Inc. 2011).
- TRITT, WRIGHT AND WEISBERG, FLORIDA PROBATE CODE AND RELATED PROVISIONS WITH COMMENTARY (Aspen Publishers, 2010)
- LEE-FORD TRITT, MORTAL REMAINS, TAX MANAGEMENT ESTATES, GIFTS AND TRUST PORTFOLIOS (Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. 2011)(forthcoming 2011)