Box #117625 Gainesville, FL 32611
EducationJ.D., Harvard University (cum laude); A.B., University of Wisconsin (cum laude)
Teaching and Scholarship
- Agency and Partnership, Contracts, Corporations, Corporate Finance, Energy Law, Securities Regulation, Sports Law.
- University of Florida: Joined College of Law faculty in 1974 as Assistant Professor of Law. Named Associate Professor (1977) and Professor of Law (1979); Named Sam T. Dell Research Scholar in 1999.
- Visiting Faculty: University of Texas College of Law (1978), University of Cambridge, U.K. (1983), Emory University School of Law (1989).
- U.S. Department of Labor: Attorney, Office of the Solicitor, Washington, D.C. (1969-70).
- Professional Affiliations: American Bar Association, The Florida Bar, Wisconsin State Bar, 5th and 7th United States Courts of Appeal, National Association of Securities Dealers.
Corporations (3 credits) - LAW 6063
- Registration preference will be given to fall entering students on their fourth full semester, and to spring entering students on their second full semester. Consideration of problems in organizing a corporation, disregard of the corporate fiction, control and management, derivative suits, and special problems of close corporation. Consideration also may be given to regulations controlling insider trading, proxy solicitations and short-swing profits.
Sports Law (3 credits) - LAW 6063
- Legal issues arising out of amateur and professional sports. Amateur sports topics include an examination of the role of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and issues of eligibility, gender discrimination, antitrust, and the contrac-tual aspects of amateur athletics. Professional sports topics include leagues, labor relations, antitrust, and aspects of representing professional athletes. Topics common to both include criminal matters, tort issues, and drug testing.
- CASES AND MATERIALS ON UNINCORPORATED BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS (Co-author) (West Group, 2nd. Ed. 2002)
- INSTRUCTORS MANUAL, CASES AND MATERIALS ON CORPORATIONS (Co-author) (Anderson Publishing Co., 1999).
- CASES AND MATERIALS ON CORPORATIONS (Co-author) (Anderson Publishing Co., 1999).
- Securities Fraud and the Internet, 8 Journal of Finance Crime 1 (2001).
- Securities Fraud and the Internet: Adopting Existing regulatory Schemes to New Technology 21 Company Law 51, (2000).
- Payment of Student Athletes: Legal and Practical Obstacles (with Pressly) 7 Villanova Sports and Entertainment Law Journal 55 (2000).
- Teaching Limited Liability Companies in the Basic Business Associations Course, 34 Georgia Law Review 773 (2000)
- The Effect of Repeal of Baseball's Antitrust Exemption on Franchise Relocations (with McFarland) 8 Journal of Art & Entertainment Law 263 (1998).