J.D., Stanford Law School
Ph.D., Economics, Stanford University
M.A., Renmin University of China
B.A., Renmin University of China
Teaching and Scholarship
International Trade, International Business Transactions, Antitrust and Competition Policy, Chinese Law, Commercial Law, Law and Economics
- University of Florida: Joined College of Law faculty as Assistant Professor in 2011.
- Previous Academic Experience: Associate Professor, University at Buffalo Law School (2009-2011).
- Private Practice: Steptoe & Johnson LLP (Washington, DC, 2005-2009).
International Business Transactions – LAW 6930
International Trade Law – LAW 6262
Secured Transactions – LAW 6051
Articles & Essays
- Counting Once, Counting Twice: The Precarious State of Subsidy Regulation, 49 STAN. J. INT’L L. ___ (forthcoming 2013)
- Reforming Trade Remedies, 34 Mich. J. Int’l L. 151-207 (2012).
- Transplanting Antitrust in China: Economic Transition, Market Structure, and State Control, 32 U. Pa. J. Int’l L. 643-721 (2010).
- The Pitfalls of the (Perfect) Market Benchmark: The Case of Countervailing Duty Law, 19 Minn. J. Int’l L. 1-54 (2010).
- China’s Competition Policy Reforms: The Anti-Monopoly Law and Beyond (with Bruce M. Owen and Su Sun), 75 ANTITRUST L. J. 231-65 (2008) (symposium).
- Claims Under the Administrative Procedure Act Before the Court of International Trade—A General Overview and Analysis of Significant Recent Jurisprudence (with Mark A. Moran), 28 U. PA. J. INT’L ECON. L. 21-49 (2007).
- Antitrust in China: The Problem of Incentive Compatibility (with Bruce M. Owen and Su Sun), 1 J. COMPETITION L. & ECON. 123-48 (2005) (peer-reviewed).
- State-Owned-Enterprises as Separate Economic Entities: Lessons from Trade Law, in COMPETITION AND THE ROLE OF THE STATE (Ioannis Lianos & D. Daniel Sokol eds., Stanford University Press, forthcoming 2013).
- State Capitalism and the Regulation of Competition in China, in ASIAN CAPITALISM AND THE REGULATION OF COMPETITION: TOWARDS A REGULATORY GEOGRAPHY OF GLOBAL COMPETITION LAW (Mike W. Dowdle, John S. Gillespie & Imelda Maher eds., Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2013).
- Administrative Monopolies in China: An Overview and Recent Developments, in International Antitrust Law & Policy (2011 Annual Proceedings of the Fordham Competition Law Institute) (Barry Hawk ed., 2011).
- Antitrust in China 2006: The Problem of Incentive Compatibility (with Bruce M. Owen and Su Sun), in POLICY REFORM AND CHINESE MARKETS: PROGRESS AND CHALLENGES (Belton M. Fleisher, Nicholas C. Hope, Anita Alves Pena & Dennis Tao Yang eds., Edward Elgar, 2008).
- Structural Impediments to Global Antitrust Convergence: Lessons from China, CONCURRENCES, Jan. 2013 (invited submission).
- Antimonopoly Law and Practice in China, 10 Competition L. J. 337 (2011) (Book Review)(invited submission).
- Trade Remedies and Non-Market Economies: The WTO Appellate Body’s Report in United States—Definitive Antidumping and Countervailing Duties on Certain Products from China, American Society of International Law Insights, Vol 15, Issue 19 (July 15, 2011)(invited submission).
- China’s New Merger Review Regime: A Protectionist Tool?, Mich. Int’l Lawyer Vol. XXII, No. 1, Spring 2010, at 3-6 (invited submission).