Florida Moot Court Team announces new board, spring events
The Florida Moot Court Team would like to congratulate the following members who were elected to the Justice Campbell Thornal Executive Board:
- Vice President of External Affairs: Ryan Gilbert
- Vice President of Internal Affairs: Dylan Shea
- Secretary: Robert O’Linn
- Chair of Historical Society: Kim Tolland
- Vice-Chair of Historical Society: Amanda Brooks
- Intramural Competition Co-Chair: Joseph Somake
- Intramural Competition Co-Chair: Kelsey Veitengruber
- Vice-Chair for Intermural Competitions: Amy Podolsky
- Chair of Special Events: Danielle Grundt
- Vice-Chair of Special Events: Amy Limontes
- Chair of Education and Training: Ryan Hopper.
In January, they will join current executive board members Leigh Anne Siddle, president, Monica Haddad, chair for intramural competitions, and Alex Landback, chair for public relations. For the first time, UF will will compete in January at the Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship, where the top 16 teams in the nation are invited to compete.
In February, the Florida Supreme Court will judge the 28th Annual Raymer F. Maguire Appellate Advocacy Competition, sponsored by Holland & Knight, LLP.
The Maguire Competition features six talented members of the team who will compete in the American Bar Association’s National Appellate Advocacy Competition in March. During the Spring Semester, the Florida Moot Court Team invites 1Ls to attend information sessions and tabling, and encourages everyone to learn more about the team.