- Users must check out items at the Circulation Desk. Gator 1 ID cards are required to obtain library materials. Some books in the Law Library cannot be checked out.
- Books not in the Reserve Collection may be checked out for 8 weeks to graduate students, and 3 weeks to undergraduates. Books may be renewed online or at the Circulation Desk, unless they are in demand (have hold or recall placed).
- Books shelved in the Reserve Collection (located behind the Circulation desk) are on two-hour reserve and may be renewed at the Circulation only. DVDs are shelved on Reserve and have a 7 day checkout period. Neither can be renewed online.
- Bound journals (in the stacks) and unbound journals (on reserve) check out for 1 day and will be due the next day at closing time.
- Non-UF patrons will first need to obtain a Courtesy Borrower library card from Library West. Circulating items are checked out for 3 weeks with a limit of 10 titles per patron. Overdue items will flag the record and block additional checkouts. Repeated lateness may result in cancellation of a borrowers card and University Library privileges.
- No food on 1st Floor
- No food in Study Rooms
- Vending machine type snacks and non-messy fruits and vegetables allowed on 2nd Floor
- Secure lid on all drinks
All fines are paid through Student Financial Affairs and the minimum fine is $1.00.
Non-Reserve Material Fines are $.25 per day
Reserve Material is $1.00 for each hour overdue
Activate Gator 1 card
See a circulation staff member at any UF library to activate your Gator 1 card.
- UF Graduate Student- 8 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 250 items
- UF Undergraduate Student-3 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 100 items
- UF Faculty-up to one year and the Check-out Limit is 350 items
See Also: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/as/circ.html.
Course Reserves/Old Exams
ARES site- https://ares.uflib.ufl.edu/
Materials, generally, may be renewed. To do so, renew through the UF catalog using the following steps:
- Log into the catalog.
- At the top of the screen, click on the “renewals/library account” button.
- Enter your Gatorlink and password.
- The “renewals/library account” button should now be replaced with three new buttons – “loans/renewals,” “requests,” & “my account”.
- Click on the “Loans/renewals” button
- Click either the “renew all UF items” button or click the “renew” button next to the individual item that you would like to renew.
Faculty Due Dates
UF Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center Materials Due Dates
General Materials – October 1st.
Reserve Materials – 2 weeks from checkout date.
Fictional DVDs – 2 Weeks from checkout date.
Other UF Libraries Due Dates
General materials – April 1st or October 1st, depending upon checkout/renewal date.
Other materials – as stated when checked out.
Other Libraries’ Due Dates
All materials – due date set by other library – see due date listed at checkout.
All library users incur the same fines.
We will do our best to remind all faculty members to renew items prior to the April 1st and October 1st due dates. However, it is the responsibility of individual faculty members to renew their items on time. If you need to discuss fines or fine policies, please contact the Head of Access Services, Patricia Morgan, via email or phone – 273-0710