The Legal Information Center welcomes members of the public to use the many print and electronic resources we have available.The Legal Information Center is generally open 7 days a week.Need to find parking for your vehicle while at the Legal Information Center? Before 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, you will need a parking decal.
Reference librarians are available to help you begin your research.
For more information about how the reference librarians can assist you, check out our Reference Assistance Policy.
Need to use one of our computers, want to connect to the UF Wireless Network, or make copies? Scroll down for more information about our visitor computer policies.
We offer research guides to help you abegin your legal research in various areas of the law.
Want to check out a book? Scroll down to learn about our borrowing privileges.
Looking for a specific book? Try using the UF Library Catalog.
Non-UF patrons will first need to obtain a Courtesy Borrower library card from Library West. Circulating items are checked out for 3 weeks with a limit of 10 titles per patron. Overdue items will flag the record and block additional checkouts. Repeated lateness may result in cancellation of a borrowers card and University Library privileges.
Bloomberg, LexisNexis, and Westlaw Access
The University of Florida Levin, Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center pays for law student accounts on LexisNexis, Westlaw and Bloomberg Law. Accounts are not available to anyone who does not attend or work for the College of Law,
Using Library Computers
Visitors to the library may obtain temporary access to the library computers by visiting the Reference Desk during reference hours. Visitors receive a unique username and password that is valid for fourteen (14) days. This username and password does not permit off-campus access to UF databases.
All library computers use the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and provide the following:
- Access to the Internet and UF databases
- Access to the UF library catalog
- Word Processing
Connecting to the UF Wireless Network
Visitors to the library may obtain temporary access to the UF wireless network by visiting the Reference Desk during reference hours. Visitors receive a unique username and password that is valid for fourteen (14) days. This username and password does not permit off-campus access to UF databases.
- Upon request, visitors receive a special card permitting access to library copiers.
- Value must be added to these cards online using a credit card ($15.00 minimum at this time).
- Library copiers are not coin-operated.
Currently, visitors cannot print from library computers or by using the UF wireless network.
- Visitors may use the scanners at the library at no cost. In order to use the scanners, a visitor must first have a temporary computer account, which may be obtained at the Reference Desk during reference hours.
- It is recommended that visitors bring flash drives in order to save the scanned documents.
- Scanned documents may be sent via e-mail from the library computer attached to the scanner.