Florida Bar Application Information
Florida Bar Admission
The Florida Supreme Court through its administrative arm, Florida Board of Bar Examiners, handles matters relating to admission of attorneys to the practice of law in this state. Two key parts of this process are character / fitness screening and the bar examination itself.
For information on admission requirements, rules, frequently asked questions, exam schedules, filing deadlines, supporting forms, necessary links, an exam application and other relevant data, please go to this link:
The Florida Board of Bar Examiners now requires all applicants to be fingerprinted electronically by Integrated Biometric Technology LLC (IBT). IBT has 32 locations across the State of Florida.
You must arrange to be fingerprinted prior to submitting your Bar Application, Student Registration, or CLI Registration. Processing of the application or registration cannot begin until the board has received confirmation (either a receipt provided by you or notification directly from IBT) that your fingerprints have been taken or scanned. The fee to have your fingerprints processed by IBT is $59.25.
If you live in Florida, please go to Integrated Biometric Technology. Follow the instructions found there in order to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted and to pay the required fee.
If you live outside of Florida:
- Have a standard fingerprint card completed by an authorized law enforcement agency;
- Go to Integrated Biometric Technology;
- Click on “Florida”;
- Click on “Online Scheduling”;
- Click “Begin Registration”;
- Provide the requested information;
- Under Step 2, select “Florida Board of Bar Examiners” from the drop down menu;
- Under Step 3, click the “Pay for Ink Card Submission” button;
- Under Step 4, complete the Personal Information;
- Proceed through Step 6 and arrange to submit your payment to IBT by clicking on the “Continue to US Bank E-Pay” button;
- Mail your fingerprint card to the address displayed subsequent to arranging payment:
c/o Prints, Inc.
119 East Park Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32301
In either case, provide a copy of your receipt to the board with your application. All questions regarding fingerprint submissions should be directed to IBT at (800) 528-1358.