All new students are assigned to an ILSP Team which is led by a Student Ambassador. The Student Ambassadors are upper class students who have been selected for their interest in helping members of the entering class succeed. Your ambassador will assist and guide you through your first semester and will be available throughout your first year of law school. Your Ambassador will e-mail you this summer to answer any questions you may have and you will meet your Ambassador when you check-in at the ILSP on Monday, August 13th.
Student Ambassador Applications
University of Florida, Levin College of Law
Introduction to Law School and the Profession (ILSP)
2013 Ambassador Program
The ILSP Program is designed to introduce entering students to the policies, programs and culture of the Levin College of Law and the legal profession. Ambassadors are current students who are selected for their interest in helping members of the entering class succeed. They guide them through the ILSP and mentor them during law school. The role of an Ambassador is an honor and privilege, as they represent UF Law and the ILSP. It is also an opportunity to learn, grow and develop into more effective leaders.
Application Requirements – All materials should be turned into the Office of Student Affairs.
Coordinator application packets are due by Friday, January 25 at 12 p.m.
Ambassador application packets are due by Wednesday, February 6 at 12 p.m.
New Ambassador applicant
Submit an application and resume, and sign up for a 15 minute interview February 7-13.
Returning Ambassador applicant
Submit a Returning Ambassador application and resume, and sign up for a 15 minute interview February 7-13.
Coordinator applicant (new or returning Ambassador applicant)
An additional application is required. Submit both applications (coordinator plus new or returning) and resume, and schedule a 30 minute interview January 29-February 1.
Tentative Ambassador Timeline:
Selected Ambassadors will attend approximately three meetings prior to the end of the semester:
February 25-March 1 1st Meeting
March 18-22 2nd Meeting
March 25-29 or April 1-5 Final Meeting
Ambassadors are expected to attend Ambassador training and the ILSP August 13th – 16th.
- Set a positive example for all students at the Levin College of Law;
- Treat all students with respect;
- Commit to the Ambassador team, making every effort to get to know your fellow Ambassadors and to work together to accomplish tasks;
- Serve on at least one planning committee for the Ambassador program;
- Serve as a guide and mentor to a small team and maintain regular communication with them;
- E-mail entering students over the summer;
- Be attentive to students’ needs;
- Fulfill assigned roles during the program;
- Continually assist students with academic advising and;
- Challenge new students to become an active participant in the UF Law community.
Thank you for your interest in the Ambassador Program!