- Law Alumni Council
- Heritage of Leadership
- Annual Reports & Donor Recognition
To permanently honor outstanding and notable alumni of the University of Florida Levin College of Law and their contributions to the state and University, the Law Center Association Board of Trustees established the Heritage of Leadership Recognition Society. The Selection Committee determined the initial classes of inductees, barring exceptional circumstances, would be honored posthumously.
- Photos of the 2011 Heritage of Leadership Ceremony
- Slides from the 2011 Heritage of Leadership Ceremony [2.7MB PDF]
Class of 2011
Class of 1950 Served during World War II in the Pacific Theater, Chairman Law Center Association Board of Trustees, Director UF Athletic Association, President UF Foundation, State Road Board member, Tampa City Attorney, Hillsborough County Attorney, Senior Partner Holland & Knight and a mentor to many.
Class of 1949 Served as a Second Lieutenant during World War II as a forward artillery observer in Europe, was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. Tireless advocate of higher education, served as Chairman on the Board of Regents, governing body for Florida’s university system. Chairman of Holland & Knight (1983 to 1995).
Heritage of Leadership Selection Committee
- Michael D. Minton, JD 81, LLMT 82, chair, Fort Pierce
- Eugene K. Pettis, JD 85, vice chair, Fort Lauderdale
- Scott G. Hawkins, JD 83, West Palm Beach
- Kimberly L. Johnson, JD 81, Naples
- Brian M. O’Connell, JD 79, LLMT 80, West Palm Beach
- Hon. Benjamin F. Overton, JD 52, emeritus faculty, Gainesville
- S. Austin Peele, JD 63, Lake City
- W. Crit Smith, JD 78, Tallahassee