Ways to Give
- Law Alumni Council
- Heritage of Leadership
- 2017 Inductees
- 2015 Inductees
- 2014 Inductees
- 2013 Inductees
- 2012 Inductees
- 2011 Inductees
- 2010 Inductees
- 2009 Inductees
- 2007 Inductees
- 2006 Inductees
- 2005 Inductees
- First 12 Inductees
- Annual Reports & Donor Recognition
Make A Gift Online
Giving online is often the easiest and fastest way to make a contribution to the Law School, simply visit this page. If you wish to give to a fund that is not listed, please click on College of Law Annual Fund (000331) and specify your designation in the “Comments” section (i.e. Journal of International Law) or call the Office of Development at 352-273-0640 if you would like a direct link to any fund that is not listed on our website.
Make A Gift By Mail
Please, always include the purpose or fund designation on your check memo line or in an accompanying note. Make checks payable and send to:
UF Foundation, College of Law
P.O. Box 14425
Gainesville, FL 32604
To make a pledge, please contact the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs at (352) 273-0640 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a pledge for a specific program. Please do not send credit card information directly to the College of Law, we are no longer able to accept that information unless it is mailed directly to the Foundation for privacy and security purposes.
Make A Gift By Phone
You may call the UF Foundation’s Gift Processing office at 1-877-351-2377 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET, Mon-Fri.). They can immediately process American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and Diner’s Club donations with the strictest of confidence. Please be sure to designate your gift to the law school and include the fund number or any other necessary details to direct your gift to a specific purpose.
Make A Gift in Memory or Honor of
You can designate if your gift is in memory or honor of someone on our online giving page. Click Add Memorial/Honorary Information and indicate who your donation is in memory or honor of when making your contribution. Please call the Office of Development at 352-273-0640 to speak with someone about setting up a memorial or honorary gift if you plan to share with others. You can also designate who a gift is in memory or honor of by including on a check or accompanying note or indicating over the phone.
For any other gift commitments or if you wish to speak directly with someone regarding gift opportunities at UF Law, please contact the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs at 352-273-0640 or email@example.com.
Other Types of Gifts
Securities, Mutual Fund & Cash Wire Transfers
Endowments: endowments provide perpetual income for the law school through investment of principal funds. These gifts may be unrestricted, providing for the greatest needs of the college, or restricted to a particular use. Endowments are established with a minimum of $30,000 through outright gifts, pledges paid over a period of years, deferred gifts, such as trusts or insurance expectancies, and through estate plans. Endowments can include:
- Endowed Chairs and Professorships: aid in the recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty by generating income for salary supplements and teaching/research support.
- Chairs – minimum $2 million contribution
- Full Professorships – $1 million contribution
- Assistant Professorships – $500,000 contribution
- Term Professorships – $300,000 contributions
- Endowed Scholarships: an important tool in ensuring that students have the opportunity to pursue quality legal education. Scholarships may be awarded based on need and/or merit. Ideally, scholarship funds should be at least $100,000 to provide significant benefit to the student.
Planned Giving: a gift in your will or living trust, known as a.
Year-End Charitable Giving
- By Mail: Checks must be postmarked by December 31st. Please send U.S. Postal Service only. Do not send via Federal Express, UPS or other courier services, or your gift may not be credited for the current tax year. Please always include the purpose or fund designation on your check memo line or in an accompanying note.
- Online: The charge must be made no later than 11:59 pm EST, December 31 through our online site.
- Telephone: You may call the UF Foundation’s Gift Processing office and make a credit card charge (8:00 am – 4:30 pm EST) on December 31st at 1-877-351-2377 or 352-392-8091. Please be sure to designate your gift to the law school.
- Securities, Mutual Fund & Cash Wire Transfers must be received by the UF Foundation via electronic transfer on or before December 31st.
Tangible personal property, real property, trusts or annuities