George R. “Bob” Dekle
Emeritus Legal Skills Professor
Criminal Defense • Criminal Law • Criminal Prosecution • Death Penalty • Ethics & Professional Responsibility • Evidence • Insanity Defense, Mental Health, Capacity to Stand Trial • Mental Health • Police Practices • Sex Offenders • Sexual Violence •
J.D., University of Florida, 1973
B.A., University of Florida, 1970
Teaching and Scholarship
Criminal Clinic: Prosecution
- University of Florida: Joined college of law faculty in 2006, Criminal Clinic: Prosecution, Legal Skills Professor.
- Florida Coastal School of Law: Adjunct Faculty, Trial Practice Workshop, 2005.
- Office of the State Attorney, Third Judicial Circuit of Florida: Assistant State Attorney, 1975-2005.
- Office of the Public Defender, Third Judicial Circuit of Florida: Assistant Public Defender, 1973-1975.
- Abraham Lincoln’s Most Famous Case: The Almanac Trial (Praeger Publishing, 2014)
- The Case against Christ: A Critique of the Prosecution of Jesus (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012)
- Cross Examination Handbook: Persuasion, Strategies, and Techniques (with William S. Bailey and Ronald H. Clark) (Aspen, 2011)
- The Last Murder: The Investigation, Prosecution, and Execution of Ted Bundy (Praeger Publishing, 2011)
- Prosecution Principles: a Clinical Handbook (West Academic Publishing, 2007)
- “Pretrial Motion Practice in Capital Cases,” The Practical Prosecutor, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2006
- “A Classical Approach to Final Argument,” Chapter 31 of Mosely, Candace M., Ed., Successful Trial Strategies for Prosecutors, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2005
- “Arguing Circumstantial Evidence in Murder Cases,” Chapter 32 of Mosely, Candace M., Ed., Successful Trial Strategies for Prosecutors, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2005
- “Communicating Case Theory on Cross Examination,” The Practical Prosecutor, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2004
- “Required Pretrial Notices,” Chapter 6.I of Florida Prosecutors Manual, FPAA, Tallahassee, FLa. 1982