James C. Nicholas
Ph.D., University of Illinois
M.A., University of Miami
B.B.A., University of Miami
Teaching and Scholarship
International expert in natural resource and land use management, Florida growth management legislation, urban land economics, urban and regional planning and environmental and urban problems.
- The Ups and Downs of Growth Management in Florida, Journal of Law and Public Policy (forthcoming).
- Growth Management and Smart Growth in Florida, 35 Wake Forest Law Review 3 (w/ Ruth Steiner, 2000).
- State and Regional Land Use Planning: The Evolving Role of the State, 73 St. Johns University Law Review 4 (1999).
- Perspectives Concerning the Use of Environmental Mitigation Fees as Incentives, 7 (I & II) Environmental Liability 3 (w/ J. Juergensmeyer and E. Basse, 1999).
- Transferable Development Rights and Alternatives after Suitum, 30 The Urban Lawyer 2 (w/ J. Juergensmeyer and B. Leebrick, 1998).