Associate Dean for Legal Information
Jane O’Connell is the Associate Dean for Legal Information and a Legal Skills Professor at the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Prior to joining UF Law, she was the Deputy Director of the Tarlton Law Library at the University of Texas. At UT Law, she taught courses on intellectual property legal research and Texas legal research. She also served as the editor of the Tarlton Law Library’s Oral History series.
Ms. O’Connell practiced intellectual property law for six years, specializing in trademark law and domain name disputes. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She received her undergraduate degree in biochemistry and film history (Phi Beta Kappa) and J.D. from the University of Kansas, and her master’s degree in information studies from the University of Texas.
B.A., University of Kansas
J.D., University of Kansas
M.S.I.S., University of Texas
- The Development and Evolution of THE GREENBOOK: The First Fifty Years, 97 Texas Law Review Online 171 (2019), available at: https://texaslawreview.org/the-development-and-evolution-of-the-greenbook-the-first-fifty-years/
- Don’t Flip Out, Flip Your Class: My Experiences Flipping an Advanced Legal Research Course, The Second Draft, Fall 2017 at 18
- A Guide to Researching Texas Primary Law, 58 South Texas Law Review 67 (2016)
- The Hyder Collection: Art and Education at Tarlton Law Library, 19(5) AALL Spectrum 10 (2015) (with Elizabeth Hilkin)
- Tracking Giants: Professor Hovenkamp and Impact Metrics in HERBERT HOVENKAMP LIBER AMICORUM (Nicolas Charbit ed., forthcoming) (with Barak Orbach and D. Daniel Sokol).
- Court Rules and Procedures, and Practice Materials and Other References in FUNDAMENTALS OF LEGAL RESEARCH, 10th edition (2015) (book chapter)
- Landmark Supreme Court Cases, 2nd edition (2012) (book chapter)
- Practice Materials and Other References in FUNDAMENTALS OF LEGAL RESEARCH, 9th edition (2009) (book chapter)
- William Powers: An Oral History (forthcoming)
- Jay Westbrook: An Oral History (2018)
- Lucas A. Powe, Jr.: An Oral History (2016)
- Cynthia Bryant: An Oral History (2015)
- A Conversation with William Allison (2015)
- Olin Guy Wellborn: An Oral History (2015)
- Custis Wright: An Oral History Interview (2014)
- Mark G. Yudof: An Oral History Interview (2014)
- The Hyder Collection: A Catalogue (2012)