Leanne J. Pflaum
Emeritus Master Legal Skills Professor
Professor Pflaum joined the UF Law faculty in 1989. Areas of teaching include Legal Research, Legal Writing, Appellate Advocacy, and Introduction to Law. She has also taught at the University of Warsaw. Prior to teaching at UF Law, Pflaum served as a judicial appellate clerk and as a litigation and appellate attorney in south Florida. While in private practice she specialized in the areas of defamation, fraud, legal and medical malpractice, and products liability. She is co-author of Legal Writing by Design: A Guide to Great Briefs and Memos (Carolina Academic Press, 2d edition 2013).
J.D., Florida State University (with honors)
B.D., University of Florida
Teaching, Scholarship & Service
- Advocacy, Introduction to Law, Legal Research & Writing.
- Legal Writing by Design: A Guide to Great Briefs and Memos (with Theresa J. Reid Rambo) (Carolina Academic Press, Second
- Effective Legal Writing by Gertrude Block (co-author, Chap.6, with M. Giordano) (4th ed 1992).
- University of Florida law faculty since 1989, Master Legal Skills Professor and Assistant Director, Legal Research & Writing and Appellate Advocacy.
- Judicial clerk to appellate judge in Miami.
- Private practice: Corlett, Killian, Hardeman, Mcintosh& Levi, P.A., Miami, Florida (1983-87); James F. Dougherty, P.A., Miami Beach, Florida (1987-88; of counsel 1988-89).
- Bar admissions: Florida Bar; United States District Court, Southern District of Florida; United States Eleventh Circuit Court of
Appeals; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Supreme Court.
- Professional Affiliations: American Bar Association; Legal Writing Institute; Florida Association of Women Lawyers; Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association.
- Legal Writing by Design: A Guide to Great Briefs and Memos (with Teresa J. [Rambo] Reid) (Carolina Academic Press, Second Edition 2013).
- Effective Legal Writing, Gertrude Block (co-author, Chap.6, with M. Giordano) (4th ed 1992).