B.S., J.D., University of Oregon
J.S.D., Yale University
Teaching and Scholarship
- University of Florida faculty since 1959.
- Faculty member, Western Reserve University, 1953-59.
- Visiting Professor: Northwestern University; University of Denver; University of Washington; University of Texas.
- Former Director, National Science Foundation Law & Social Science Program. Past Chair, Association of American Law Schools Torts Section.
- Formerly in private practice, Portland, Oregon. Associate Editor, Oregon Law Review.
- Member: American Section of the International Association for Philosophy of Law & Social Philosophy; Order of the Coif; Order of Saint Ives; Phi Beta Kappa.