Take a Little Mental Health Quiz
Have you ever read one of those magazines that asks you to “take a quiz” to find out if you are having boyfriend problems, or if you are a needy person? Well I am providing for you the opportunity to take a mental health quiz to find out how you are doing and handling life situations. Note that this is not a formal mental status exam, and most of it should be taken with a grain of salt. However, if you notice that many or some of these questions apply to you, then you have the opportunity to come talk to me or another mental health professional about your concerns. So here we go!
• Do you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep?
• Do you feel that your eating habits have changed or become abnormal?
• Are there days when it is difficult to get out of bed?
• Do you ever have thoughts of harm to yourself or others?
• Do you feel that life is “enveloping” you?
• Do you get nervous or have a racing heart beat when you think of all you have to do?
• Do you ever have trouble staying focused on one topic or paying attention in class?
• Have you ever lied to your friends or family about the amount that you drink?
• Do you feel that you will never live up to other’s expectations of you?
• Do you ever have racing thoughts or feel that life is overwhelming?
• Can you remember the last time you took a day off?
• Do you ever feel like giving up or have lasting moments of selfdoubt?
At the risk of sounding cliché, if you answered yes to three or more of these questions consider talking to someone about how you are doing. No matter how hard we try or think we are weak for having life difficulties, other people struggle to manage what life has given them as well.
Don’t feel embarrassed to ask for help, it could make a huge difference in your happiness and levels of success. Feel free to stop by my office Monday-Wednesday or make an appointment. My office is located in Student Affairs and my e-mail address is Wnobles2@law.ufl.edu. Have a great week and remember to take time for yourself!