JMBA community service launches this week
Looking to give back to your community? Aiming for that community service certificate? Just wanting to help your class win a social on the John Marshall Bar Association? You’re in luck!
It is time for the 3rd annual community service week. JMBA will be hosting its annual community service week, JMBA & Levin Give Back to Gainesville, Nov. 11 through Nov. 16. JMBA have planned several events with the hope of bringing together the entire UF Law community and exposing the students, faculty and alumni to the needs of the Gainesville community.
- Monday, Nov. 11: Day of Volunteering for organizations such as Alachua County Humane Society, Bread of the Mighty Food Bank, Hailes Angels Pet Rescue, and Pace Center for Girls.
- Tuesday, Nov. 12 to Friday, Nov. 15: Thanksgiving Canned Food Drive & Canned Immunity
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 to Thursday, Nov. 14: Bone Marrow Donor Registration Drive
- Saturday, Nov. 16: Day of Volunteering for organizations such as Alachua County Animal Services, Haven Hospice Attic, Habitat for Humanity and Helping Hands Pet Rescue
The volunteer sites are available for sign-up on TWEN and are open to the entire student body. Sign up on the JMBA TWEN site (or the ILSP Community Service Continuing Opportunities TWEN site for Habitat for Humanity). All hours will be reported directly to the Office of Career Development as credit for the Community Service Certificate.
Points will be awarded for participation throughout the week:
- 1 point per can during canned immunity
- 2 points per blood donation or bone marrow donor registration
- 10 points per community service opportunity participant (limited space available)
The section with the most points after community service week will win a social sponsored by JMBA.