2015 UF Law Sports Law Symposium
University of Florida Levin College of Law Entertainment and Sports Law Society Presents
2015 UF LAW SPORTS LAW SYMPOSIUM
When: Friday, March 27, 2015
Where: Martin H. Levin Advocacy Center at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2500 SW 2nd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32611
Registration: 8:30 a.m
Conference: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Rand Getlin (Opening Speaker)
Rand is a University of Southern California educated attorney and the NFL Insider for Yahoo Sports. He is a regular on-air contributor on ROME on CBS Sports Net and has appeared nationally on CBS, ABC, MSNBC and NBCSN. Prior to joining the insider beat, he was an award-winning investigative journalist who placed in the top-five of the Associated Press Sports Editors Investigative category in three consecutive years, winning the award in 2011.
Erik Burkhardt (Keynote Speaker)
Erik is a NFLPA certified agent at Select Sports Group LLC. Select Sports Group was named by FORBES as the 10th most valuable sports agency with an estimated $340.14 million in contracts under management. Erik represents some of the top NFL players, including Johnny Manziel (Cleveland Browns), Andy Dalton (Cincinnati Bengals), Jordy Nelson (Green Bay Packers), T.Y. Hilton (Indianapolis Colts), Jerod Mayo (New England Patriots), Danny Amendola (New England Patriots), and Datone Jones (Green Bay Packers).
Panel 1: General Counsel
- Justin Moore (Moderator), Founder, CEO, President of Tampa Chapter, Florida Sports Law Association (FSLA) and Associate Attorney, Shutts & Bowen LLP (Tampa, FL)
- Ana-Klara Anderson, Associate Counsel, Golf Channel and Attorney for NBC Sports Group (Orlando, FL)
- Nyea Sturman, General Counsel, Orlando Magic (Orlando, FL)
- Zachary Daniel, Corporate Counsel, NASCAR, Inc. (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Robert Fountain, Associate Counsel, Minor League Baseball (St. Peterburg, FL)
Panel 2: Amateurism and NCAA Compliance
- Gabriel Feldman (Moderator), Associate Professor, Tulane Law School and Director, Tulane Sports Law Program (New Orleans, LA)
- Sathya Gosselin, Trial Counsel for Plaintiffs in the landmark O’Bannon v. NCAA litigation and Partner, Hausfeld LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- Lynda Tealer, Executive Associate Athletic Director, University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- David Hansen, Senior Associate Athletics Director, Internal Operations, University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL)
- Jim Curry, Associate Athletics Director for Compliance, Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL)
Panel 3: Sports Representation
- Cory Dorfman (Moderator), Coaches, Front Office, and Sports Broadcasters Division, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Gainesville, FL)
- Erik Burkhardt, NFLPA Certified Agent, Select Sports Group (Dallas, TX)
- Rand Getlin, NFL Insider for Yahoo Sports (Los Angeles, CA)
- Darren Heitner, Founder and Managing Attorney, HEITNER LEGAL (Miami, FL)
Panel 4: Sports Gambling and Fantasy Sports
- Darren Heitner (Moderator), Founder and Managing Attorney, HEITNER LEGAL (Miami, FL)
- Gabriel Feldman, Associate Professor, Tulane Law School and Director, Tulane Sports Law Program (New Orleans, LA)
- Ryan Rodenberg, Assistant Professor of Forensic Sports Law Analytics, Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL)
- Daniel Wallach, Shareholder and Attorney, Becker & Poliacoff, P.A. (Ft. Lauderdale)
Free admission for all UF students and faculty, practitioners, and to the public.
Each individual that is a Florida Bar Certified Attorney will receive 6.5 ethics and 6.5 general credits for attending the entire Symposium. You must sign in at the registration desk. Following the Symposium, you will receive an e-mail with a reference number to receive your credits. These credits are at no charge to our attendees.
For more information contact:
Joshua I. Corriveau,
UF Law Symposium Chairman and EASLS President
For more information and notifications please follow us on twitter: @GatorSportsLaw and “like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/UFLawEASLS.
Note to UF Law Students
EASLS understands that some UF Law students have classes on Friday, March 27, 2015, during the Symposium. Students will be allowed to come and go as their schedule allows. We just ask that you do so in a non-disruptive manner. We want as many UF Law students to join us as possible!
Thank you for your interest in the University of Florida Levin College of Law 2015 UF Law Sports Law Symposium. There will not be any admission fee for this year’s Symposium. But, donations for future Symposiums will be accepted the day of the Symposium. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for this year’s Symposium please contact Josh Corriveau at email@example.com. To attend this year’s Symposium each attendee will need to fill out the registration form below.
[gravityform id=”263″ name=”2015 UF Law Sports Law Symposium ” description=”false
2014 UF LAW SPORTS LAW SYMPOSIUM
Darren Heitner (’10) of Wolfe Law Miami, P.A., Founder of Sports Agent Blog, and Co-Founder of Collegiate Sports Advisors.
Kristi Dosh (’07), Founder of BusinessofCollegeSports.com and Author of “Saturday Millionaires: How Winning Football Builds Winning Colleges.”