Senior Legal Skills Professor
Director, E-Discovery Project
William Hamilton is an electronic discovery expert. Prior to joining the faculty served as the electronic discovery partner for his national law firm. Professor Hamilton has taught electronic discovery at the University of Florida for the past decade and is the co-author of the LexisNexis Practice Guide Florida e-Discovery and Evidence and co-author of A Student Electronic Discovery Primer: An Essential Companion for Civil Procedure Courses. Professor Hamilton is also the General Editor of the LexisNexis Practice Guide: Florida Contract Litigation. He is also a neutral arbitrator and mediator for the World Intellectual Property Organization and the author of numerous domain name dispute decisions. Professor Hamilton has been recognized in Chambers USA, Florida Legal Elite, Best Lawyers in America, and Florida Super Lawyers.
J.D. University of Florida Levin College of Law, with Honors M.A.
M.A. Washington University in St. Louis
B.A. Lehigh University
- Electronic Discovery, Digital Investigations, and Evidence
- Electronic Discovery Data Analysis and Review
- Complex Civil Litigation Pre-Trial Practice
- Florida Civil Procedure
- A Student E-discovery Primer: An Essential Course for Civil Procedure Practitioners, Carolina Academic Press 2016 (with Jennifer Smith)
- LexisNexis Practice Guide Florida E-Discovery and Evidence (with the Hon. Ralph Artigliere)
- LexisNexis Practice Guide Florida Contract Litigation, General Editor