Library Policies for Faculty
- Reserves (ARES)
Activate Gator 1 card
See a circulation staff member at any UF library to activate your Gator 1 card.
Course Reserves/Old Exams
ARES site- https://ares.uflib.ufl.edu/
Materials, generally, may be renewed. To do so, renew through the UF catalog using the following steps:
- Log into the catalog.
- At the top of the screen, click on the “renewals/library account” button
- Enter your Gatorlink and password
- The “renewals/library account” button should now be replaced with three new buttons – “loans/renewals,” “requests,” & “my account”
- Click on the “Loans/renewals” button
- Click either the “renew all UF items” button or click the “renew” button next to the individual item that you would like to renew
UF Faculty-up to one year and the Check-out Limit is 350 items
Faculty Due Dates
UF Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center Materials Due Dates
- General Materials – October 1st
- Reserve Materials – 2 weeks from checkout date
- Fictional DVDs – 2 Weeks from checkout date
Other UF Libraries Due Dates
- General materials – April 1st or October 1st, depending upon checkout/renewal date
- Other materials – as stated when checked out
Other Libraries’ Due Dates
- All materials – due date set by other library – see due date listed at checkout.
- All library users incur the same fines.
- We will do our best to remind all faculty members to renew items prior to the April 1st and October 1st due dates. However, it is the responsibility of individual faculty members to renew their items on time. If you need to discuss fines or fine policies, please contact the Access Services Manager, Elisa O’Malley, via email or phone – (352) 273-0728.