Library Policies for Students
- Reserves (ARES)
- Users must check out items at the Circulation Desk. Gator 1 ID cards are required to obtain library materials. Some books in the Law Library cannot be checked out.
- Books not in the Reserve Collection may be checked out for 8 weeks to graduate students, and 3 weeks to undergraduates. Books may be renewed online or at the Circulation Desk, unless they are in demand (have hold or recall placed).
- Books shelved in the Reserve Collection (located behind the Circulation desk) are on two-hour reserve and may be renewed at the Circulation desk only. DVDs are shelved at Reserve and have a 7 day checkout period. Neither can be renewed online.
- Bound journals (in the stacks) and unbound journals (on reserve) check out for 1 day and will be due the next day at closing time.
- No food on 1st Floor
- No food in Study Rooms
- Vending machine type snacks and non-messy fruits and vegetables allowed on 2nd Floor
- Secure lid on all drinks
There are 12 group study rooms on the second floor of the library available to be checked out for 2 hours at a time. Currently, only law students are eligible to check out study rooms.
- Library staff will retain 2 UFIDs and check the room out to one group representative.
- Study rooms are available for reservation only once per study group per day.
- All study rooms have wireless connections, wall outlets and dry erase boards.
- Any violation of study room policy may lead to a suspension of study room privileges.
- Study room keys and markers kits that are returned late will be fined at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
Activate Gator 1 card
- See a circulation staff member at any UF library to activate your Gator 1 card.
- UF Graduate Student- 8 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 250 items
- UF Undergraduate Student-8 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 100 items
For more information, visit the main library Access and Resource Sharing pages.
Materials, generally, may be renewed. To do so, renew through the UF catalog using the following steps:
- Log into the catalog.
- At the top of the screen, click on the “renewals/library account” button.
- Enter your Gatorlink and password.
- The “renewals/library account” button should now be replaced with three new buttons – “loans/renewals,” “requests,” & “my account”.
- Click on the “Loans/renewals” button
- Click either the “renew all UF items” button or click the “renew” button next to the individual item that you would like to renew.