Library Policies for Students
- Reserves (ARES)
- Users must check out items at the Circulation Desk. Gator 1 ID cards are required to obtain library materials. Some books in the Law Library cannot be checked out.
- Books not in the Reserve Collection may be checked out for 8 weeks to graduate students, and undergraduates. Books may be renewed online or at the Circulation Desk, unless they are in demand (have hold or recall placed).
- Books shelved in the Reserve Collection (located behind the Circulation desk) are on two-hour reserve and may be renewed at the Circulation desk only. DVDs are shelved at Reserve and have a 7 day checkout period. Neither can be renewed online.
- Bound journals (in the stacks) and unbound journals (on reserve) check out for 1 day and will be due the next day at closing time.
- No food on 1st Floor
- No food in Study Rooms
- Vending machine type snacks and non-messy fruits and vegetables allowed on 2nd Floor
- Secure lid on all drinks
There are 17 group study rooms on the second floor of the library available to be checked out for a 1, 2 or 3 hour period. Currently, only law students are eligible to check out study rooms.
· You can access D!BS by computer or smartphone at: https://ufllaw.evanced.info/dibs
· Show up to the room on time. If the room is occupied, you will need to show the occupants your D!BS confirmation message.
· You may have 2 active reservations in one 24 hour period. You can’t make another until you fulfill one of your current reservations or cancel one or both.
· To cancel a reservation, you will need to follow the instructions and link that are included in your confirmation email.
· Marker Kits need to be checked-out at the circulation desk. They are 2-hour checkouts, and carry a $10.00 fine if returned late.
· 204-the prayer/meditation/lactation room is NOT part of D!BS. This room needs to be checked-out with a Gator 1.
· If you forget your smartphone, you may use the computer at circulation to make a reservation.
· Food policies remain the same. All drinks must have a lid, and vending machine snacks only on the second floor.
Activate Gator 1 card
- See a circulation staff member at any UF library to activate your Gator 1 card.
- UF Graduate Student- 8 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 250 items
- UF Undergraduate Student-8 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 100 items
For more information, visit the main library Access and Resource Sharing pages.
Materials, generally, may be renewed. To do so, renew through the UF catalog using the following steps:
- Log into the catalog.
- At the top of the screen, click on the “renewals/library account” button.
- Enter your Gatorlink and password.
- The “renewals/library account” button should now be replaced with three new buttons – “loans/renewals,” “requests,” & “my account”.
- Click on the “Loans/renewals” button
- Click either the “renew all UF items” button or click the “renew” button next to the individual item that you would like to renew.