Borrowing from Non-UF Libraries
(For Students and Faculty)
In most cases, we are able to borrow materials that you need for temporary use from another library. There are two ways to do so:
UBorrow is a program that allows you to quickly and easily place requests for materials from other Florida university libraries. Due to cost savings and speed of delivery, we prefer that you submit a request through UBorrow rather than Interlibrary Loan, if the material is available. To make a UBorrow request:
- Search the UF Catalog to determine if we have the material.
- If UF (not just the Legal Information Center) does not have a copy of the material, look in the upper right-hand corner for the symbol.
- If the symbol is there, click it. If it is not, please place an Interlibrary Loan request (information about Interlibrary Loans located below).
- You should see a list of items similar to the UF catalog. Click on the item that you want.
- Click on the button
- Enter your Gatorlink and password. If you are already logged into a UF computer, you may not need to log in.
- For pickup location, select “Legal Information Center”
- Click the “Place Request” button
- Your request will automatically be processed, and you will receive an email when the materials are ready to be picked up at the front desk of the law library.
- If you make a mistake, you may cancel requests by clicking on the “requests” button at the top of the screen.
If materials are not available through UF or the UBorrow system, you may place a request for the law library to try to borrow the materials from another library, referred to as an Interlibrary Loan.
To place an Interlibrary Loan request, please contact your liaison through our Liaison List or submit an Interlibrary Loan request form. For more information, please contact our Interlibrary Loan Coordinator, Ron Perry.