Library Policies for Students
- Users must check out items at the Circulation Desk. Gator 1 ID cards are required to obtain library materials. Some books in the Law Library cannot be checked out.
- Books not in the Reserve Collection may be checked out for 8 weeks to graduate students, and 3 weeks to undergraduates. Books may be renewed online or at the Circulation Desk, unless they are in demand (have hold or recall placed).
- Books shelved in the Reserve Collection (located behind the Circulation desk) are on two-hour reserve and may be renewed at the Circulation desk only. DVDs are shelved at Reserve and have a 7 day checkout period. Neither can be renewed online.
- Bound journals (in the stacks) and unbound journals (on reserve) check out for 1 day and will be due the next day at closing time.
- No food on 1st Floor
- No food in Study Rooms
- Vending machine type snacks and non-messy fruits and vegetables allowed on 2nd Floor
- Secure lid on all drinks
There are 12 group study rooms on the second floor of the library available to be checked out for 2 hours at a time. Currently, only law students are eligible to check out study rooms.
- Library staff will retain 2 UFIDs and check the room out to one group representative.
- Study rooms are available for reservation only once per study group per day.
- All study rooms have wireless connections, wall outlets and dry erase boards.
- Any violation of study room policy may lead to a suspension of study room privileges.
- Study room keys and markers kits that are returned late will be fined at the rate of $1.00 per hour.
Activate Gator 1 card
- See a circulation staff member at any UF library to activate your Gator 1 card.
- UF Graduate Student- 8 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 250 items
- UF Undergraduate Student-3 weeks and the Check-out Limit is 100 items
See Also: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/as/circ.html
Materials, generally, may be renewed. To do so, renew through the UF catalog using the following steps:
- Log into the catalog.
- At the top of the screen, click on the “renewals/library account” button.
- Enter your Gatorlink and password.
- The “renewals/library account” button should now be replaced with three new buttons – “loans/renewals,” “requests,” & “my account”.
- Click on the “Loans/renewals” button
- Click either the “renew all UF items” button or click the “renew” button next to the individual item that you would like to renew.